Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Infatuation


Some blogging gentlemen hold certain young women dear...They admire them and follow their careers as some would a sporting hero. This is, of course, conducted in a most gentlemanly like fashion, and occurs from time to time when first one, then another young starlet catches their eye at the stage door...It is infatuation...I noticed that The Most Worshipful Maximum Leader Enthroned in the East is enamoured of a certain Miss Love-Hewitt for instance. I believe he admires her hair and delicate complexion. The Llama's, for reasons unknown to the rest of us, seem to be fixated on French women. To each his own, I suppose...

But I, being married to The Countess, live under a different set of rules, as it were. I am only allowed to fixate on Countess approved starlets. If they have not been approved, then you had better keep your fantasies to yourself. Of course the list of "trashy tramp women starlets whom we would not allow in the neighborhood let alone the house" is much larger than the "approved starlet we might invite to tea sometime" list. Every so often the Countess breezes by and informs me about some new starlet she has seen at the cinema, and tells me that "she is very cute and sweet and just my style, no really, I think you would really like her". I rarely partake of the visual arts, so I usually have no idea who the said starlet is. But that, of course, does not matter, what matters is that she has been "approved" so you better become a huge fan, and I mean now...

My current approved starlet is one Miss Emmy Rossum...I have no idea who she is, have never seen her in any film, but you know, I'm a huge fan!