Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Basil Seal's Christmas Card Rules...

Dear senders of Christmas Cards:

Please do not send me a card for Christmas until you have first learned what event is being celebrated on December 25th.

Is it the Celebration of:

Trees with snow on them?
Snowmen?
Wise men?
Happy Holidays?
Holiday Seasons?
Peace on Earth?
Goodwill to Men?
Flying reindeer?
Drummer Boys?
Baby donkeys?
Antique sleighs with bells that jingle?
Santa Claus aka Kris Kringle?
Doves flying?
Sentimental winter scene paintings?
Christmas Trees, bulbs, lights, ornaments, gifts????

NO...It happens to be the Celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. So, when you presume to wish me a Merry Christmas, I would hope that you know why we celebrate Christmas in the first place. I want to see some indication of this on the card. I want Mary, I want Jesus, Joseph if you have time, but I better see some serious Nativity action! Yes, I realize that Christmas was hijacked long ago, but I can't help kicking against the pricks one more time...

Note: I will hunt down those of you who send the "dogs/cats in Santa hats" card...You will be sorry...