Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Around the cup, looking for the handle...

Now this meme has been around...But what the heck:

1. One book that changed your life: While still in short pants I came across Go, Dog, Go...I mean, dogs can drive? This really rocked my world, you might say.

2. One book you have read more than once: There is not just one book, I read all of Waugh, O'Brian, Flashman, Dance to the Music of Time, Beerbohm, Wodehouse in a cycle which works out to about once per year, maybe two for each authour...

3. One book you would want on a desert island: Symthson's Guide to Boat Making

4. One book that made you cry: I tried to read a book by Virginia Woolf once... I stopped at about page 8, It hurt, I was crying...

5. One book that made you laugh: A. G. Macdonnell's Autobiography of a Cad makes me laugh, as does Augustus Carp, Esq. by Himself...Two of the funniest books you've never heard of...

6. One book you wish had been written: Waugh died before he could finish his autobiography...He only finished the first volume, covering his early years, I would have like to have seen the rest...

7. One book you wish had never been written: Only one? That's hard...But we could surly have done without The Feminine Mystique...It would be okay with me if the "Beats" would never have been born as well...

8. One book you are currently reading: Max by Lord David Cecil

9. One book you have been meaning to read: I have been meaning to read John Boot's Waste of Time, but have'nt got around to it yet...