Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Experienced

I learn that Mrs. P, before she spent her time ridiculing her readers here on the Internet, spent her time ridiculing wealthy patrons in their own homes...Well, I'm sure they deserved it, don't you know...

She did make an interesting point though:

"...That jacket, combined with a black silk ribbed turtleneck, jodphurs and boots are all the proof a middle-aged man needs to understand how much middle-aged women are still on top of their game with their feminine charms.

Middle-aged women are not old, they are experienced. It is a pleasure to dress your age. You've earned it. Now be wise enough to enjoy it..."


She is right on the money, there are few things more enticing than a women in riding habit...Trust me on this if you have never actually seen it...The point here is that why are so many women and men afraid of middle age? As you know, there are many middle aged women who are still striking...And they need not dress like a teenage hooker to draw attention to this...Middle age is the time intelligent women employ all the tools and experience they have acquired over a lifetime...Hide any imperfections and highlight the positives...They have, or should have, learned that the more things are covered up, the more enticing they become...This, what was once womanly wisdom passed down from mother to daughter and common modesty seem to have been lost along the way to moderninity...

One problem that goes hand-in-hand with the obvious lack of mirrors in most women's homes, is that the modern women has not, in most cases, been taught the "graces"...These have been jettisoned as reeking of patriarchy and we now have girls and women who dress, walk, talk, drink, cuss and fornicate like men. The feminine arts have been lost...And ladies, regardless of whether you are wearing pants or not, when you sit, you sit with your legs closed or crossed...And when you bend down, you bend at the knees, not at the waist...Just some helpful advice...

As a women, what is wrong with middle age? You are still beautiful, you are smarter and more experienced, you have much nicer jewelry, can afford much better attorneys and have much more insurance than any young woman...Men have a much harder time...All we can hope for is a fat wallet by this time...As this is the only attraction we have left. And in my case, the fat wallet happens to belong to my wife...

I am a middle aged man, not what I once was, but still slim, which I count a major victory...But as I tell my son when he laughs at my thinning pate: "I had it when I needed it..."