Friday, April 28, 2006

Technology

I do not like change...Every advance in communication, makes the bore more terrible. Most of this internet activity is very vulgar and common, (especially e-mail, what a terrible invention for an already illiterate populace) but in order to be seen as "one with the people" I have placed myself in the slough of despond with the rest of you. Of course, I had to purchase this computer, the connection, the software, hardware, etc. etc. The process of doing so being located in the intermost circle of hell, or there about. Then there was the pimply faced cretin, dispatched by some hooligan to connect, install, download, upload, what a load, gaping and pawing about the place, speaking in some horrible jargon, smelling of ghastly stale Old Spice, I still shudder at the memories...I haven't got the smell out yet.

But I am up and running, posting, pinging, tracking, I have actually left a few comments someplace, and generally rolling with the hoi polloi...Just happy in Jesus to be here.

I have recently been playing with all of these hit meter, link tracking things that go hand-in-hand with a blog. Most of the time I have no idea what they are trying to tell me, although I have been able to decipher a few very important tidbits of information from the literally billions of bits and bytes that are thrown my way. These are:

1. Visitors to this blog are few. (I am ranked just below pond scum in the blogosphere universe/new world order.)

2. This is a total waste of good court time, no one, and I mean no one, gives a damn about this divel.

3. People blog only from the office.

4. I now know where these people work. And from the look of things, taxes on my trust are paying these peoples salaries. So, knock it off! I mean it!

5. 99.9% of what is on the internet is useless garbage.

6. E-mail should be declared illegal right now!

7. Although the online libraries and book stores have promise.

Oh, there's the gong, must hurry, do not email me, or, anyone else for that matter.